The Quantum vision is To stay focused on the needs of our investors and be India’s most respected mutual fund house by adhering to traditional values of simplicity, transparency and integrity while continuing to deliver steady performance over the long term...
the keyword to takeaway from this statement is the word respected
. Not the largest in terms of AuM but the most respected, by doing what's right for the investor and not deviating from our core investment philosophy. We are India's first direct to investor fund house and do not pay any commissions whatsoever till there is more transparency in the distribution system.
Quantum Mutual Fund has always firmly adhered to its values and will continue to stay true to our philosophies on investments and commissions, which are explained below.
No Shooting from the Hip
Our tried and tested Research and Investment process gives clients with a long-term investment philosophy a channel that outperforms on the Upside and limits the Downside
Our Investment Criteria - Value
- the business of the company,
- the environment in which it operates,
- the management, and their long-term goals,
- can the financials support the long-term goals?
- the stock price based on fundamentals relative to its peer group, its history, and the market.
- PER, PCF, P/BV, Div Yld, EV/EBITDA
- Current price is 40% < our estimate of long-term value
- Current price is > our estimate of long-term value
- Changed view of management
- Changed view of business
- Stock has to be under active coverage, average daily trading volume of US$ 1 million
- Strict adherence to Buy / Sell limits.
- We are indifferent to whether a stock we own is in the BSE-200 Index or not.
- We do not make sector calls. We make stock calls that lead to certain sector weights.
- The minimum holding in any one stock is 2% and the maximum is 6%.
- With a range of 25 to 40 stocks our average holding is 2.5% to 4.0% per stock